YouTube Auto HD – Automatic HD settings
In today’s FREE Blog Training … I’ll show you how to play videos in HD Automatically. So, if I help you out, do me a favor and share this post or click Control + D to Bookmark this page.
Change the video quality by going to Settings in the corner of the video player, and selecting your preferred quality.
On mobile devices, adjust quality settings by tapping Menu , then Settings . This option isn’t available on all devices (e.g. TV/game consoles), or connections (e.g. iOS on a cellular network).
The first thing you should know is that these settings change – as the web get’s faster – here’s what Google Says:
To give you the best viewing experience possible on your computer, YouTube adjusts the quality of your video stream from standard definition (such as 240p or 360p) to high definition (720p or 1080p), based on the speed of your Internet connection (bandwidth). This is why you may notice that the quality of your video changes as you watch videos
Auto HD YouTube:
Here are some other factors that determine video quality:
- Video player size: By default, the quality setting will be on “Auto” and YouTube will use the highest quality based on your video player size.
- Quality of the original uploaded video: For example, if the video was recorded in standard definition, it will not be available in high definition.
How to make my YouTube videos play in HD automatically …
- Step #1 – Change the video quality by going to Settings in the corner of the video player, and selecting your preferred quality.
- Step #2 – On mobile devices, adjust quality settings by tapping Menu , then Settings . This option isn’t available on all devices (e.g. TV/game consoles), or connections (e.g. iOS on a cellular network).
- Note: that choosing lower video quality (such as 240p and 360p) will make videos start more quickly. The video player will remember this for future playbacks.
This chrome browser extension can force videos to play in HD: https://www.turnoffthelights.com
YouTube Auto HD
In 2017 and 2018, YouTube HD Videos have been available in a wide range of quality levels , with some higher quality levels offering improved picture definition. In late 2008 YouTube launched 720p HD support. And in November 2009, 1080p HD was launched … Now almost all users are allowed to upload and watch their HD videos on YouTube.com.
YouTube provides support for uploading, hosting, streaming and playback of HD (High Definition) video for quite a while now; Webmasters who want to embed YouTube videos on their websites have made use of the YouTube higher-quality video embed code trick and YouTube HD video embed code hacks to present the high definition videos to their readers. Since then, YouTube has a new embeded player parameter switch that can enable HD playback by default, if available – which I will show you here.
Multiple uploading methods provide you the most convenient way to convert and upload almost any HD video.
YouTube HD Settings – Step one is to go to this link:
Then click on YouTube PlayBack like this:
YouTube HD Settings
The next step is check the box to play Youtube Videos in HD automatically. – UPDATE 2017-12-12 – Google disabled this option. But the steps above still work.
YouTube Download HD Settings
Check the speed of which your videos play now. There are different speed tests to compare bandwidths from Internet Providers, and then there’s the newly launched “Video Quality Report” from Google which subscribers and Internet providers can use to benchmark video streaming performance. The Google-powered tool uses YouTube HD playback to measure not only the speed of video delivery but also its quality.
In one hand you have speed and the other you have quality. It is up to you. Check your quality and speed and set your YouTube as you like. If this helped you out, let me know how it works:
Download this infographic.