Custom WordPress Website Design
Why we recommend our custom WordPress installations:
- Our WordPress Designs are Mobile-Phone optimized and look great on phones. Our custom designs are gorgeous and built to work on almost any computer.
- WordPress is very easy to use. Adding new pages, blog posts, images, etc. Is very easy and you don’t have to be a heavy-coder to make changes. This greatly reduces time and cost on your end for having to hire developers for small changes and fixes.
- Manage Your Website from Any Computer. You can login from any Internet connected computer and make changes to your site.
- No Additional Software Required. You can create a new page or blog post, format text, upload images (and edit them), upload documents, video files, image galleries, etc. all without the need for additional HTML or FTP software.
- Search Engine Optimization – SEO – WordPress does a great job right out of the box in “Search Engine friendliness” meaning that most of your content will be readable and easily seen by Search Engines. WordPress does a great job of categorizing sections of your site and with our best practices, you can greatly improve your SEO with a WordPress installation. The code behind WordPress is very clean and simple, making it easy for search engines to read and index a site’s content.
More About WordPress
WordPress is built in a language called PHP (Personal Home Page) which is very easy to read by Search Engines like Google Yahoo and Bing. PHP was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995. The main implementation of PHP is now produced by The PHP Group and serves as the de-facto standard for the language. PHP is free and open to the public.
WordPress is definitely the top used and favored blogging platform. Many developers started with other website platforms, but they later switch over to WordPress once they discover the many advantages this sophisticated platform has over its competitors. WordPress isn’t limited for use only as blog software – it can also be used to make robust sites. WordPress is very user friendly, it is easy to update, install and most importantly, it is regularly upgraded and improved security-wise.
We will guide you through some of the best plugins and their use to excel in developing a great website with proper functionality.
WORDPRESS VS. DRUPAL for Web Design
WordPress is for people that want an out the box SEO and website solution. With WordPress you can buy or download a theme and as long as that theme does exactly what you want then you’re fine. WordPress is easy-to-use, with a wide range of great SEO plug-ins.
If you are creating millions of pages, Drupal is probably a better platform to use, however it is more complex, dense, powerful and sometimes impenetrable.
WHY WORDPRESS IS GREAT
WordPress is great; plugins make it incredibly powerful. WordPress is emerging as the most powerful tool for making a blog website. A WordPress powered blog can be launched quickly (Remember installation of WordPress can be done in just 5 minutes) and can serve thousands of page-views without any problem. WordPress is clean, simple and intuitive. Menu items are simple and named things that make sense or are at least easy to figure out.
What kind of hosting you should have for WordPress:
The WordPress software is different than having a blog on “WordPress.com”.
Don’t be confused. There is a service offered by “Wordpress.com” which lets you get started with a new and free WordPress-based blog hosted on their site in seconds, but varies in several ways and is less flexible than the WordPress package you download and install yourself.
We don’t recommend creating a blog on WordPress.com because it does not actually belong to you. Whereas the WordPress Sofware
We would not recommend using a WordPress.com blog as your main website. Plugins are limited and your information does not belong to you. Your traffic is constantly monitored and you run the risk of being removed if there is some indicator that you may be causing too many waves in the force. A friend of mine had an Art Blog and posted a humorous family friendly cartoon that became very popular, this one page hit over 7,000 visitors a day and his entire site was removed soon after (never to be seen again) because WordPress.com thought there was some type of spam causing this spike in traffic, even though it was due to a very popular post.