Messenger Platform connects you
to over 1.3 billion people each month!
Here’s why bots mean business.
2 Billion messages between people and businesses each month,
includes both automated and people-initiated
53% of people who message businesses say they
are more likely to shop with a business they can message*
100,000 monthly active bots on the
Messenger platform, and counting**
Messenger Ads – The Future of Business?
1.3 billion people around the world spend time on Messenger interacting and conducting commerce with businesses and brands they love. Now with Messenger ads, they have an opportunity to discover experiences directly on their home tab …
People will see Messenger ads in the home tab of their Messenger mobile app. When they tap on an ad, they will be sent to the destination chosen during ads creation. This can be your website, an app, or a Messenger conversation.
Messenger ads are available for the Traffic, Conversions, App Install, Reach, Messages, and Brand Awareness objectives.
Here’s what Facebook says:
There’s three powerful sources for building Custom Audiences
Custom Audiences are built from customer data you already have on hand—or can easily get—making it easy to reconnect with the people who have already shown interest in your business.
Target Facebook Ads to people on your contact listIt’s easier to sell to current customers than to look for new ones, so strengthen your existing connections by using Custom Audiences. We’ll compare your data with ours to help you find the people you know on Facebook.If you have a customer list or data from your site, like purchaser email addresses, you’re ready to get started.Once you create your Custom Audience, your information will be encrypted to protect customer relationships and you’ll be set to reach more people on Facebook.
Creating your Custom AudienceUpload your customer list to find those people on FacebookGetting started is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Create a list of either email addresses or phone numbers using your customer data
- Save your list in CSV or TXT format
- Go to the Audiences tab in Ads Manager
- Click the Create Audience button, select the Custom Audience option and then choose Customer List
- Upload the CSV or TXT file list you previously saved or easily drag and drop your file to the Custom Audience box
- Your Custom Audience will be ready in about 30 minutes
Using your Custom Audience1. Create an ad using the ads create tool. You can set it to show in News Feed or the right-hand column and on any device.2. Choose your Custom Audience and select targeting options like location, age, gender and interests.3. Set a budget and place your order. Your ad will be served to the audience you’ve chosen to target.
Expanding your Custom AudienceIf your Custom Audience has fewer than 1,000 people, consider the following:
- Choose CPM bidding to ensure your ads are served to the group you want to reach
- Increase your maximum CPM bid. A slightly higher bid will help you reach your Custom Audience.
- Test different creative elements to see which ones audiences respond to best
- Update your Custom Audience as your list grows. This ensures your ads reach new customers as they find your business.
- Create a lookalike audience from your Custom Audience to help your ads reach people similar to your best customersFine-tune your ads to reach even more likely customersOnce we had Facebook conversion tracking in place and started using Custom Audiences, we saw a huge uplift in sales. Facebook Ads became ROI-positive for us, from day one!Amy Norman, Co-founder, Little Passports