This particular site I was working on – I took up to 30,000 visits per month. This is the training I gave to their staff – Enjoy:
How To Boost Traffic and Revenue by 78%:
PR Newswire reports that a study of releases on their wire service shows that:
- 1. Adding a photo or an image increases views of the release by 14%.
- 2. Adding a video gives you a 28% increase in views.
- 3. Make that an image and a video and you’ll get a 48% boost in views.
- 4. Go all the way and put in a photo, a video, a graphic and a download and you’ll see a 78% jump in the number of views!
As a Madison Avenue Digital Marketer and a Senior SEO Architect for one of the top Search Agencies on the planet, I’ve got a pretty good idea over the past 5 years of what works (I’ve worked on sites that get over 12 million visits per month).
This is a small seminar I gave to illustrate how to increase traffic to your site by up to 78%. (Video & Instructions Included, Enjoy).
A web or blog page is just one drop of the water that comprises the ocean of websites out there. If your drop does not stand out – well – then it’s just another a drop. If you make each web page stand out – you can boost your entire site’s performance. Today Back-links and Social Media are more important than ever for improving your site’s organic performance – so we are going to talk about not just creating an ideal article – but also about creating an ideal page.
How to Blog – What is Link Bait?
Link bait (or linkbait) refers to anything interesting or newsworthy on a website that encourages links from other websites. This can include content – online tools – downloads or anything else that another site owner might find compelling enough to link to. Link bait is important because most search engines use backlinks as a major factor in determining ranking.
Okay enough of that: Let’s talk about how to make a link bait page – not just a link bait article:
1. Do some keyword research to find out what people are searching for:
(These keywords should be relevant to your website or product).
HTML Example: <img src=”http://worldclassmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/Link-Bait-Web-Page.jpg” alt=“Link Bait Web Page” title=“Web Page How To” height=”110″ width=”110″>
4. (1st paragraph) Talk about how this article will benefit the user in a cheerful – happy tone.
5. (2nd paragraph) You really need to give them a reason to keep reading.
This is done next with “you need to stay tuned!” (or a mystery sandwich).
6. (3rd paragraph) In-Your-Face helpful tips and know-how that benefits the reader.
7. (4th Paragraph) Offer your help in every way possible.
How can you answer people’s questions if you don’t know how to reach them? Get their E-mail address. Offer your help – answer questions – pose questions & offer assistance whenever appropriate.
8. (5th Paragraph) It’s all about exchange – offer free stuff!
In this day & age people want & except free things. So give it to ‘em. Plus – what better way to get someone’s e-mail address than to offer something for free to get it?
9. Single call-to-action above the fold (near the top of the page)!
When you l& on the page what is the first thing that catches your eye? It should be a single Professional button or what you want them to do – or a single “Call To Action.” Make sure it is not spammy and something that you yourself would click on if you came to the page.
10. Video- Google Video and YouTube
YouTube is considered the second largest Search engine – with billions of visits and billions of searches by people all over the world. Additionally – Google has integrated Video into their Search results. So share a video in your page. Use YouTube to upload if you need to.
Bonus! Sharing on Facebook – Twitter – LinkedIn and Google+
Social Media Marketing is more important than ever.
WordPress: I would recommend using a Plug-in like “GetSocial” which loads floating “share” buttons. If you are not using WordPress – Try using AddThis.com or ShareThis.com – they make it very easy to share content on Social Networks.
See my other article on how to add floating buttons like this site: Floating Social Media Marketing Buttons
Download this infographic.